Hormones are usually the chemical messengers present in the human body. It tells the body what is to be done and what is not to be done. Hormonal imbalance may result in various feelings of uneasiness in the human body. The endocrine glands produce hormones, and they travel around the bloodstream of the human body and tell the tissues and organs what to do.
When the hormones in the body cannot carry out the communication process correctly, and the body produces either less or more hormones than what’s needed by the body, this is called a hormonal imbalance in the body. If the production of even one hormone in any of the glands has been thrown off, it can affect all others, making a person feel off.
Causes of Hormonal Imbalance
There are several reasons which can challenge the endocrine system of a human being, which can lead to disruption in the hormonal balance in that person. The longer the system is out of order, the more difficult it is to be brought back to harmony. Early identification of the causes of hormonal imbalance and correcting it can help the individual maintain their health and also helps in preventing any chronic disease.
Following are some of the causes of Hormonal Imbalance:
Hormonal Replacement or Birth Control
Irregular Poor Diet
Exposure to the Endocrine Disruptors
Common Signs Of Hormonal Imbalance
There are various signs of Hormonal imbalance. Some of them are as follows:
- Fatigue- Every individual feels tired at some of the other points of time in a day. It can be recovered with proper diet, hydration, and an adequate amount of rest. But even after taking care of the body, if an individual feels exhausted and can’t act nicely at his best, it’s recommended to have an intensive evaluation of the level of the hormone in the body. Fatigue can be a ubiquitous sign of hormonal imbalance in the human body.
- Anxiety– According to a survey, about 90% of Americans suffer from the problem of stress. 7% were found to be having a depressive disorder. Women are usually at higher risk of suffering from the problem of anxiety. It is due to the changes in the estrogen in the women during their menstrual cycles, menopause, or even at the time of pregnancy. These conditions in women are responsible for the worst kind of anxiety in them. Levels of estrogen can be a factor for higher levels of stress in both men and women.
- Hair Loss– Various reasons cause hair loss in a person. Some of the most common reasons are pregnancy in women and PCOS. But hair loss is often found to be related to the hormonal imbalance in a person. Various hormonal imbalances can show a clear indication of the hair of an individual.
- Pelvic Pain– If an individual is experiencing pelvic pain during periods or at the time of intercourse, it’s recommended for a doctor visit. These symptoms can be a clear sign of hormonal imbalance in the body. It can create endometriosis (a tissue outside of the uterus of a woman) or ovarian trust. These conditions can be treated both medically or surgically in severe cases.
- Weight Gain– Weight gain by a person can make a person frustrated and make them feel uncomfortable. Some people may face very difficulty in losing weight which can be a very irritating feeling. Many persons are seen experiencing not losing weight even after doing a workout for hours in a day and are also alert in their calorie intake. These can be associated with the adrenal glands being stressed out in the body. Hormonal imbalance can be an apparent cause of such problems in the body.
- Trouble In Sleeping– Insomnia can be linked with sleep deprivation in the human body. It can be for dysregulated hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal, which is considered the central part of the response system to the stress in the body. It is a place where the endocrine system and the central nervous system interact with each other. It is responsible for the regulation of the sleep-wake cycle of the human body by the process of releasing various hormones. So, sleeping problems can be a clear indication of the hormonal imbalance in the human body.
- Problems With Digestion– There are neurotransmitters in the brain that can be affected by the hormonal imbalance or anxiety in a human body and also depression and also sometimes may result in problems with digestion in the human body. So, hormonal imbalance can also cause digestive issues in a person.